While it was under development, Google+ was for a while referred to as “Google Me.” While it was under development, Google was at one point called “Backrub.” This means that in some alternate reality, there’s a world where Google+ is called “Backrub Me.”
The Leisurely Historian
This is the blog of Tad Suiter, a recently-minted PhD in history. I'm interested in comics, libraries, archives, digital public history, and other various topics.
All opinions expressed herein are my own, natch.
Top Posts & Pages
- Herbert Hoover and the Corporatist State
- William Cronon, Changes in the Land
- Amazon Changes Download Policies: DRM Creep or Privacy Nightmare?
- La Guardia Reads the Sunday Funnies
- Natalie Zemon Davis, The Return of Martin Guerre
- Foucault, Discipline and Punish
- Michel-Rolph Trouillot, Silencing the Past
- ...looking at "The Quilting Frolic."
- ...Really just spitballing, here...
- Braudel, The Mediterranean and the Mediterranean World in the Age of Philip II