At $120 on Amazon, Allen Holtz’s 2012 American Newspaper Comics: Am Encyclopedic Reference Guide may well be the most expensive new book I’ve ever purchased. As someone who is working on a dissertation on early newspaper comics, however, it’s an invaluable resource, and worth every penny. The book is the first of its kind: a well-researched guide […]
The Leisurely Historian
This is the blog of Tad Suiter, a recently-minted PhD in history. I'm interested in comics, libraries, archives, digital public history, and other various topics.
All opinions expressed herein are my own, natch.
Top Posts & Pages
- Amazon Changes Download Policies: DRM Creep or Privacy Nightmare?
- William Cronon, Changes in the Land
- Foucault, Discipline and Punish
- ...looking at "The Quilting Frolic."
- Income Inequality and the Rise of Helicopter Parenting
- La Guardia Reads the Sunday Funnies
- About Me
- Peter Novick, That Noble Dream
- The Mad Scramble...